Battery powered rail car series 515 with control car of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
■ Finely detailed model in red paint
■ Clear view through the passenger compartment
■ With separately attached plug-in parts
■ 1st class compartment with six seats in the motor vehicle
■ Headlights and interior lighting can be switched using DIP switches
■ Z21 driver's cab available
Operation with battery powered railcars was introduced in Germany before the First World War. The 2-part battery powered coach of the "Wittfeld" type, whose batteries were housed in the striking stems, was in use until after the Second World War. After 1945, the Deutsche Bundesbahn began to deal with this type of drive again. The ETA 176 has made a name for itself as a “Limburg cigar”, but only eight of them were built. From 1953, the cheaper ETA 150, which had roughly the same performance characteristics, was put into service in large numbers. A total of 232 units of the ETA 150 (from 1968 series 515) were built up to 1965. In addition, 216 ESA 150 control cars (later the 815 series) were commissioned.