Car control with UCCI
The UCCI controller has been developed for controlling cars according to the Dinamo / MCC protocol. UCCI stands for U SB C ar C ontrol I nterface. You can pronounce it as "ukkie". The current version is called UCCI / E. The / E stands for "economy", which means that this version is a lot more energy efficient than its predecessor.
UCCI / E offers the following features:
- Communication with a control computer via RS232 or USB according to the Dinamo 3.1 protocol;
- Communication with an RM-U (P&P) controller via RS485;
- Control of 2 MCC transmission loops. A transmission loop is sufficient for a minimum length of 20 meters;
- Reliable reading of up to 128 feedbacks, usually in the form of reed contacts. The contacts are multiplexed to limit the wiring ;
- Serial control of up to 16 OC32 modules for up to 512 additional outputs for switches, traffic lights and other accessories.
UCCI / E as a central controller or slave unit
UCCI / E can be used as a central controller for controlling cars in the miniature world . The module is then directly linked to a PC with a suitable control program via an RS232 or USB connection. UCCI / E then drives the vehicles and reads the position reports. Furthermore, UCCI / E controls up to 16 OC32 controllers via RS485 or RS232, for the control of eg traffic lights and "switches".
Deployed in this way, UCCI / E forms a complete center for digital car control.
If the miniature world is or becomes too large for a solution with a single UCCI / E, UCCI / E can be used as a slave controller. A maximum of 16 UCCIs can be included in a Dinamo system by connecting them to a central RM-U controller. The link with the RM-U in this case is RS485. OC32 controllers are no longer controlled by UCCI / E but by the RM-U. This solution is suitable for controlling a street plan up to 650 meters road length.
UCCI / E versions
UCCI / E is available in three versions:
- UCCI / E : The complete version with all functions and interfaces. This module can be used as an independent control unit and as a slave unit.
- UCCI / Eu : Identical to UCCI / E, but without RS232 interfaces. UCCI / Eu can therefore only be linked to the PC via USB and can only control OC32 controllers via RS485. The UCCI / Eu is cheaper to purchase than the UCCI / E. This module can be used as an independent control unit and as a slave unit.
- UCCI / Es : a UCCI / E without USB and RS232 interface, which can therefore only be used as a slave controller. The advantage is that the UCCI / Es is cheaper than the other versions.